wedding

wedding

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Heeeeeeere, little eggy!

Last month I downloaded a fertility tracking application on my phone. I had decided that if I was antsy to be active about this but couldn't really do much a year in advance, that I could at least start tracking my cycle. At first I marked a small pocket calendar when I started my period on 12/27, and then I thought to see if there was something for my phone I could use instead, and there was. It's quite useful, because it tells me exactly which day I should be ovulating. This is based on a 28-day cycle, but after I marked the beginning of my next period on 1/25, it recalculated based on my 30-day cycle. Now the ovulation predictor should be more accurate this month. Although strangely, I had all the signs of ovulation one day last month and checked my app out of curiosity, and yep, I was "scheduled" to ovulate that very day, and that was based on a 28-day cycle.

I've ordered ovulation strips (50 for under $10!) so I can test this month and see if I do ovulate that day. If I don't, but I do on a different day, I can enter that into my app to improve accuracy too. But honestly right now I'm just antsy to know whether I ovulate at all. I don't care when it happens; I just want to know that an egg is released every month! That will help me feel hopeful that it won't take us forever and our life's savings to get pregnant. (I'm very pro-adoption, and I don't think I could justify sinking thousands into trying to get pregnant if it's just not happening.)

I'm very excited that I have a real idea of how long my cycle is and when I may ovulate. I'll be even more excited if and when I can confirm that I do!

4 comments:

  1. Can we have an ovulation party if both our strips turn dark blue this month? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what app you're using, but if you have an iphone, I recommend pink pad! It has options to check cervical mucous viscosity and all sort of other good fertility tracking options. I'm pretty sure most of the fertility stuff is in the paid version, which I don't need just yet, but it is a great app!

    PS I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that sounds great! So far just tracking based on my cycle length has led to accurate ovulation predictions (according to the ovulation test I took), so I don't need to do the other things. My app has body temperature, weight, mood changes, etc. but I haven't needed all that fortunately.

      And thanks!! :)

      Delete
  3. lol I'm hoping for your Myrtle genes...it would make this all so much more affordable! :)

    ReplyDelete