wedding

wedding

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I've Been Published!!

My favorite Jewish parenting site, Kveller.com, which I peruse daily, just published my recent post. I edited it down to make it more publicly appropriate (such as by taking out names and a few distracted sidebars) and asked them if they'd be interested, and they were! They had actually seen my blog and asked me to write something for them several months ago.

They'd requested a piece following my initial consultation at the clinic, but once that appointment happened and the outcome was my crying as I realized I'd need surgery, I didn't feel so motivated to write something. Then after my recent post, entitled "Calm Before the Storm," I thought it might be something most parents-to-be could relate to, so I offered it up. They wanted it and brought me on as a freelance writer for the site, which I'm super stoked about. I've never written for anyone but myself, school, or work before!

I was asked that going forward, since posts are supposed to be exclusively for them and not previously published, I post just a few paragraphs here and then link to the actual article. So if you see that for anything going forward, that's why! Now I'll just have to determine what might be of Kveller interest versus subjects that should just be for my personal blog.

Here's my first piece! (Yes, they changed the title to something slightly more awkward sounding in order to make sure it's obvious to those seeking lgbt-specific topics.)


http://www.kveller.com/blog/parenting/the-calm-before-the-same-sex-parenting-storm/

No comments:

Post a Comment