wedding

wedding

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Almost There!

We are almost moved into our house, and it feels so amazing. Nicole and her father and cousin moved all the furniture and boxes in Friday morning, and then we spent today cleaning, arranging, and unpacking the kitchen. We just need to get the cats over there, pack up the clothes and dishes from our current temporary apartment and take them over, and then we can really move in. Our living room is so cozy and our bedroom is so bright and sunny. I am in absolute heaven.

My father-in-law has been painting the rooms for us, and today he did the future nursery. Seeing it finished, in a soft yellow, just made it so real. Even Nicole, who is often resistant to talking about babies because it makes her nervous about finances, said, "There's really nothing else this room can be. It's really ready for babies." I get lost gazing into it, imagining starting our family. When I flopped across our just-put-together bed, I pictured the kids running in early on a Saturday morning to make sure we're up. I can't believe we're here, in our home.

Happy doesn't even describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment